The Victorian Government’s Victims of Crime Helpline offers information, advice and support for victims and their families.
The Helpline provides:
- advice about reporting a crime
- information about the legal process, including after the offender is in prison
- help applying for compensation and financial assistance
- connections to other support services, such as the Victims Assistance Program.
Free support is available anywhere in Victoria
The Victims of Crime Helpline can refer you to a Victims Assistance Program (VAP) worker near where you live to help you with:
- your day to day needs
- managing your personal safety
- communicating with police and making a report
- organising counselling, transport and urgent medical services
- getting ready for court
- preparing a Victim Impact Statement
- applying for financial assistance
- getting information about the offender.
This free service is available by contacting the Victims of Crime Helpline
- Open: 8am-11pm, 7 days a week
- Call: 1800 819 817
- Text: 0427 767 891
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au (opens in new window)