The Adult Parole Board (the Board) ran its mock parole hearing at Law Week 2016.
The mock parole hearing follows the story of a prisoner from when applies to and when he is on parole. When the prisoner later breaches his parole conditions, the Board determines whether to cancel his parole.
"Parole, you decide" featured members of the Board who discuss the facts of the case as they would in a real Board meeting. Please note that as this video was filmed during Law Week 2016, seven of the eight members have left the Board.
- His Honour Peter Couzens, former Chairperson of the Board
First panel who determine whether to grant the prisoner parole
- His Honour Frank Shelton, former Deputy Chairperson of the Board and retired County Court Judge
- Kieran Walshe, community member and former Deputy Commissioner of Victoria Police
- Raj Malhotra, former former full-time member
Second panel who determine if the prisoner's parole should be cancelled
- Magistrate Peter Reardon, former member and current sitting Magistrate
- Carmel Arthur, former community member
- Dr David Curnow, former full-time member
Breach detention and cancellation presentation
- Shivani Pillai, former full-time member and currently at the Victorian Bar