Chairperson’s welcome to the website
In this video, His Honour Peter Couzens welcomes you to the website.
Information about parole, the parole process, and the Board
In these videos, His Honour Peter Couzens explains:
- the main objectives and functions of the Board
- who sits on the Adult Parole Board
- the process of making a Board decision
- the important considerations that the Board takes into account when making a decision
- the challenges or complexities that are involved in making a decision
- why parole is an important yet often misunderstood component of criminal justice
- some of the misunderstandings of parole and the parole system
- the similarity of parole issues in other jurisdictions
Mock parole hearing – Law Week
The Adult Parole Board ran its event - 'Parole, you decide' - at Law Week 2016, and the video footage is available. The mock parole hearing follows the story of a prisoner from when applies to and when he is on parole. When the prisoner later breaches his parole conditions, the Board determines whether to cancel his parole. 'Parole, you decide' features members of the Board who discuss the facts of the case as they would in a real Board meeting.
Channel 9 news report on the Board
Brett McLeod at Channel 9 news interviewed His Honour Peter Couzens, the Chairperson, and three community members for a report which aired on 7 August 2017.